BSOFTINDIA APP DOCUMENTATION
ADVANCED PRINTING OPTION: UNIVERSAL PRINTER
The Bsoft App Universal Printer allows you to print documents from any PC or mobile device.
See the video tutorial to print with the Universal Printer.
UNIVERSAL PRINTER MANAGER
Since the release of Bsoft App version 12, the Universal Printer Manager has its own tab:
On the Printer Manager tile, you can also set the Paper size for printing to A4 or Letter.
PRINTING WITH THE UNIVERSAL PRINTER
When selecting this printer, the document to print is automatically converted into a PDF file:
This PDF file is automatically pushed to the local PDF Reader of the user’s workstation.
Each print job is opened as soon as it is ready on the user’s local disk, without waiting for the previous Acrobat preview to be closed. The printing process starts only once the PDF is fully created on the client’ side, which guarantees the print job starting without delay.
You can choose from 3 printing options on the Local Resources tab of the Portable Client generator:
- Local PDF Reader preview: the document will be pushed and the local Acrobat Reader will open with the generated PDF file. The user can print it, or save a copy on his local disk drive.
- Print on the user’s default printer: the document will be automatically pushed to the default user’s printer (the local printing driver is included into the Bsoft App connection client). Key value : This option is to be used for people who have a lot of printing to do per day and use the same printer for this purpose.
- Select a local printer: The user can select one of his local printer (the local printing driver is included into the Bsoft App connection client).
If you do not have a PDF Reader installed on your machine, we recommend the use of Foxit Reader.
- If you wish to print on the default local printer with the system defined PDF reader instead of Sumatra, you can turn the setting “defaultsystem” on, on the generated client parameters, as explained on this documentation.
CUSTOMIZE PAGE FORMAT PRINTING
- If you want to have a specific page format and your printer is not compatible with printer redirection, you can set the Universal Printer page format by opening the Devices and Printers menu of the Control Panel. Right click on the Universal Printer, then on Printer Properties::
- CLICK ON PREFERENCES, THEN ON ADVANCED:
- GO TO GHOSTS CRIPT PDF ADVANCED DOCUMENT SETTINGS / PAPER OUTPUT / PAPER SIZE / POSTSCRIPT CUSTOM PAGE. FINALLY, CLICK ON EDIT CUSTOMIZED PAGE SIZE AND ENTER YOUR PREFERRED SETTINGS. THIS IS ESPECIALLY HELPFUL WITH RECEIPT AND LABEL PRINTERS.