BSOFTINDIA APP DOCUMENTATION
LONG TERM SUPPORT VERSIONS
LONG TERM SUPPORT VERSIONS
Customers who have subscribed to Bsoftindia App Support & Update Services and are not interested in Bsoftindia App latest features and improvements can install a Bsoftindia App LTS (Long Term Support) version.
Bsoftindia App LTS (Long Term Support) version extends the period of software maintenance; it also reduce the frequency of software updates to reduce the risk, expense, and disruption of software deployment, while promoting the dependability of the software.
Moreover, Bsoftindia App LTS (Long Term Support) does not receive any new features.
Bsoftindia App lifecycle
Bsoftindia App standard versions are published quite often and the latest release is always the best solution available to our customers: all known bugs are fixed and new features are available very often.
A new major Bsoftindia App version is released at the start of every year: Bsoftindia App 11 in January 2018, Bsoftindia App 12 in January 2019 and so on, as shown in the diagram below
Starting January 2019, Bsoftindia App is also available in a Long Term Support version, named “LTS”. Every year, Bsoftindia App will publish a stable LTS version which will be supported for 2 years.
Benefits and Limitations of Bsoftindia App LTS
Bsoftindia App LTS has several benefits:
- No updates except for security fixes and Windows updates compatibility
- No changes in behavior and no changes in features when you update
- Less risk when updating between two minor versions of a given LTS
- Supported for 2 years,
Bsoftindia App LTS also has limitations and constraints:
- Customer must purchase Support & Update Services (a license cannot be activate without active Support & Update Services)
- No new features at all (compared to Bsoftindia App standard version which constantly receives a lot of updates and new features)
We recommend our customers to use Bsoftindia App standard version to benefit from our state-of-the-art solution.
Bsoftindia App LTS Download links
Setup (to install Bsoftindia App on a new server)
UpdateRelease (to update an existing Bsoftindia App installation)
Bsoftindia App LTS 11 Changelog
- 2019-03-14: Setup and UpdateRelease programs now suggest to install OpenJDK Java Runtime (JRE), except when run silently. This is not a regression as it remains fully compatible with Oracle JRE. This change is enforced by Oracle licensing changes and has been tested for more than 6 weeks on our RELEASE channel first.
- 2019-03-04: updated to OpenSSL 1.1.1b
- 2019-02-21: fixed trial license activation
- 2019-02-13: updated to bouncycastle 1.61
- 2019-01-23: fixed compatibility with latest windows 10 (1809) updates
- 2019-01-18: fixed compatibility with latest windows 7 / server 2008 R2 updates
- 2018-12-21: fixed bugs with security add-on and alternate shell in rebranded versions
- 2018-12-17: initial version