BSOFTINDIA APP DOCUMENTATION
ASSIGNING APPLICATIONS TO USERS OR GROUPS
Once you have published some applications, you can publish them to one or more users and/or groups.
To do so, double-click on the application you wish to assign or click on the application, then on the “Assign Application” tile:
The following window will be displayed. It allows you to assign applications to a selected user or group:
HOW TO ASSIGN AN APPLICATION TO A USER (OR A GROUP)
You can either assign an application for all authenticated users or to specified users and groups. If you wish to assign an application to a specific user or group, just click on “Add”, then enter the name of the user or group you wish to assign the application: On this example, Foxit will be assigned to the Remote Desktop Users Group. Click on ‘Ok”
Then on Save:
MANAGE APPLICATIONS PER USERS/GROUPS IN BULK
The Applications – Users submenu allows you to see which applications are assigned per user or per group, by clicking on the “Select a User/Group” tile, then entering its name:
- On this example, you can see that the Microsoft Remote Dekstop, Notepad, Foxit and OpenOffice where all assigned to the group “Front Office”:
RULES FOR MICROSOFT REMOTE DESKTOP, BSOFT APP REMOTE TASKBAR, FLOATING PANEL AND APPLICATION PANEL
- YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE YOUR USER’S WORK ENVIRONMENT BY ASSIGNING ONE APPLICATION OUT OF THESE FOUR: MICROSOFT REMOTE DESKTOP, BSOFT APPREMOTE TASKBAR, FLOATING PANEL AND APPLICATION PANEL.
- IF NO APPLICATION IS ASSIGNED TO ONE USER, HE WILL SEE THE MICROSOFT REMOTE DESKTOP WHICH WILL DISPLAY THE DESKTOP FOLDER SHORTCUTS.
- IF ONE USER HAS SEVERAL ALLOCATIONS PLUS THE MICROSOFT REMOTE DESKTOP, HE WILL SEE A REMOTE DESKTOP.
- IF A USER HAS SEVERAL APPLICATIONS PLUS THE BSOFT APPTASKBAR, HE WILL SEE THE TASKBAR DISPLAYING HIS DESKTOP FOLDER’ SHORTCUTS.
RUNNING SCRIPTS/PROGRAMS ON SESSION OPENING
- If you want to start a script when the session opens, you must name it LOGON.BAT or LOGON.CMD and copy this script:
- In the Application Data folder of All Users if this script applies to all users,
- In the Application Data of the user if this script applies to this user.
- If you want to start a script on the client side when a session is opening, you just have to name a program STARTUP.EXE and to copy it at the home drive of the user PC (C:\startup.exe).
- If you want a program to be started as a service when the Bsoft App server reboots you have to name this program STARTUP.EXE and copy it in the folder: C:\Program Files\Bsoft App\UserDesktop\Files\ .